- Filipović MR, Stanic D, Raicevic S, Spasic M & Niketic V (2007): Consequences of MnSOD interactions with •NO: •NO dismutation, peroxynitrite and H2O2 generation, Free Rad Res 41, 62-72.
- Liu GF, Filipović MR, Heinemann FW & Ivanović-Burmazović I (2007) Seven-coordinate iron and manganese complexes with acyclic and rigid pentadentate chelates and their superoxide dismutase activity, Inorg Chem. 46, 8825-8835
- Gao-Feng Liu, Milos R. Filipović Ivana Ivanović-Burmazović, Florian Beuerle, Patrick Witte, Andreas Hirsch (2008): High Catalytic Activity of Dendritic C60 Monoadducts in Metal-Free Superoxide Dismutation. Angewandte Chemie International Edition 47, 21,3991-3994
- Filipović MR, Duerr K, Mojovic M, Simovic V, Zimmerman R, Niketic V, Ivanović-Burmazović I (2008): NO Dismutase Activity of Seven-Coordinate Manganese(II) Pentaazamacrocyclic Complexes. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 47, 8735-8739.
- Filipović MR, Koh ACW, Arbautlt S, Niketic V, Debus A, Schleicher U, Bogdan C, Guille M, Lemaître F, Amatore C, Ivanović-Burmazović I:Striking Inflammation from Both Sides: Manganese(II) Pentaazamacrocyclic SOD Mimics Act Also as Nitric Oxide Dismutases: A Single-Cell Study. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, (2010) 49, 4228-4232.
- Engel MA, Leffler A, Niedermirtl F, Babes A, Zimmermann K, Filipović MR, Izydorczyk I, Eberhardt M, Kichko TI, Mueller-Tribbensee SM, Khalil M, Siklosi N, Nau C, Ivanović- Burmazović I, Neuhuber WL, Becker C, Neurath MF, Reeh PW, 2011: TRPA1 and substance P Mediate Colitis in Mice. Gastroenterology, 141(4), 1346-1358
- Filipović MR, Milijković J, Allgaeuer A, Chaurio R, Shubina T, Herrmann M, Ivanović- Burmazović I, Biochemical insight into physiological effects of H2S: reaction with peroxynitrite and formation of a new nitric oxide donor, sulfinyl nitrite. Biochem. J., 441(2), 609-621 (2012)
- Ivanović-Burmazović I and Filipović MR: Reactivity of manganese superoxide dismutase mimetics toward superoxide and nitric oxide: selectivity vs. cross-reactivity. Adv. Inorg. Chem., 64, 53–95 (2012)
- Filipović MR and Ivanović-Burmazović I: The kinetics and character of the intermediates formed in the reaction between sodium nitroprusside and hydrogen sulfide need further clarification. Chem. Eur. J., 2012, accepted
- Milos R. Filipovic, Jan Miljkovic, Thomas Nauser, Maksim Royzen, Katharina Klos, Tatyana E Shubina, Willem Hendrik Koppenol, Stephen J. Lippard, and Ivana Ivanovic-Burmazovic (2012): Chemical Characterization of the Smallest S-nitrosothiol, HSNO; Cellular Cross-talk of H2S and S-nitrosothiols, Journal of American Chemical Society. DOI: 10.1021/ja3009693
- Mirjam J. Eberhardt, Milos R. Filipovic, Andreas Leffler, Jeanne de la Roche, Katrin Kistner, Michael J. Fischer, Thomas Fleming, Katharina Zimmermann, Ivana Ivanovic-Burmazovic, Peter P. Nawroth, Angelika Bierhaus, Peter W. Reeh, Susanne K. Sauer (2012): Methylglyoxal activates nociceptors through TRPA1 - a possible mechanism of metabolic neuropathies, Journal of Biological Chemistry, DOI: 10.1074/jbc.M111.328674
- Otasevic V., Korac A., Vucetic M., Macanovic B., Garalejic E., Ivanović-Burmazović I., Filipovic M., Buzadzic B., Stancic A., Jankovic A., Velickovic K., Golic I., Markelic M., Korac B. (2012): Is Manganese (II) Pentaazamacrocyclic Superoxide Dismutase Mimic Beneficial for Human Sperm Mitochondria Function and Motility?, Antioxid Redox Signal. DOI: 10.1089/ars.2012.4684
- Zimmermann R, Krüger J, Filipovic MR, Ivanovic-Burmazovic I, Calatzis A, Weiss DR, Eckstein R. (2013) A detailed examination of platelet function inhibition by nitric oxide in platelet-rich plasma and whole blood. Clinical Laboratory (accepted). IF: 0.9
- Filipovic MR*, Eberhardt M, Prokopovic V, Mijuskovic A, Orescanin Dusic O, Reeh P, Ivanovic-Burmazovic I. (2013) Beyond H2S and NO interplay: hydrogen sulfide and nitroprusside react directly to give nitroxyl (HNO). A new pharmacological source of HNO, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 56,1499–1508. IF: 5.2
- Babes A, Engel M, Filipovic MR, Fischer MJM, Reeh PW (2013) The anti-diabetic drug glibenclamide is an agonist of the transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) ion channel, European J Pharamcol. 704, 15-22. IF: 2.73
|Invited lectures and oral presentations:
- Invited talk: "Cellular Cross-talk of H2S and NO", Gordon Research Conference: Thiol-Based Redox Regulation & Signaling, July 29 - August 3, 2012
- Hot topic talk: "Chemical insight into physiological effects of hydrogen sulfide: Reaction with ONOO- and formation of a new NO donor", Gordon Research Conference: Nitric Oxide, February 13-18, 2011
- Invited talk: “Chemical insight into physiological effects of H2S”, Max-Plank Institute for Bioinorganic Chemistry, Muelheim, Germany, February 8, 2011
- Keynote lecture: Redox modulation of NO signaling by MnSOD mimics: A new challenge for therapeutic approaches, International Symposium: 100 years of Ivan Djaja’s Belgrade School of physiology: September 10-14, 2010
- Invited lecture, NO, CO and H2S: from pollutants to mediators of tomorrow, University of Belgrade, Serbian Chemical Society, April 12, 2010.
- Invited lecture, Novel, physiologically relevant reactions of H2S, University of Bordeaux I, Institute for Molecular Science, May 21, 2010.
- Invited oral presentation, New way to strike inflamation from both sides: SOD mimics as NO dismutase. An amperometric study. XII Colloque du GFB, Lacanau, France, May 17-20, 2010.
- Oral presentation at Gordon Conference on Oxygen Radicals, Catalytic Removal of H2S by Water-Soluble Porphyrins as a Model for Heme-Containing Proteins, Ventura, CA, USA, February 7-12, 2010.
- Selected oral presentation, A new way to strike inflammation from both sides: superoxide dismutase mimics as nitric oxide dismutases, Society for Free Radical Research – Europe: Annual Meeting, Rome, Italy, 26-29 August, 2009.
- Oral presentation on SFFR-Europe’s Annual Meeting, Ascorbate and nitrite react in human erythrocytes to give a novel product Asc2NO, Vilamoura, Portugal, October 10-13, 2007.
- Invited lecture at the Department of Inorganic Chemistry, title: Could MnSOD play a role as NO dismutase, University of Erlangen, 29-30 March, 2006.
- Selected oral presentation on 62nd Harden conference/EMBO workshop, Identification of the reaction product of ascorbate and nitrite as a potential repository of NO in vivo, Cirencester 4-8 April, 2006.
- Selected oral presentation at Young Investigator award session on the Joint meeting of the German Society of Physiology and the federation of European physiological societies, 26-29 March, 2006.
- Young Physiologist Symposium and Free Radical School, Birmingham and De Vere, Belfry, oral presentation, 8-10 July, 2005.
- SFRR-Europe Annual Meeting, De Vere, Belfry, oral presentation, 9-10 July, 2005.